2022 Ford Escape Towing Capacity: What Can You Tow?
It’s sleek. It’s stealthy. It’s the 2022 Ford Escape. With its perfect 5-star NHTSA Crash Safety Rating, a plethora of cargo space, and available AWD, it’s easy to see why so many Bonney Lake drivers choose this compact SUV as their next vehicle. And let’s not forget about the impressive Ford Escape towing capacity of3,500 pounds. Are you looking to cut back on rising fuel costs and reduce your carbon footprint?The Ford Escape Hybrid towing capacity reaches up to 1,500 pounds, so you can still tow your jet ski or teardrop camper with no problem. What’s not to like? Explore the details on the 2022 Ford Escape towing capacity below and feel free to contact Sunset Ford of Sumner if you have any remaining questions!
2022 Ford Escape Towing Capacity by Engine
With multiple engine options available, there is a Ford Escape for every Puyallup driver. To achieve the maximum Ford Escape towing capacity of 3,500 pounds, you’ll need to opt for the 2.0L EcoBoost® engine. Here are the details:
- 2.0L EcoBoost®: 3,500-pound towing capacity
- 1.5L EcoBoost®: 2,000-pound towing capacity with front-wheel or all-wheel drive
The Ford Escape is also available in hybrid and plug-in hybrid iterations. Here is the Ford Escape hybrid towing capacity for each configuration:
- Hybrid 2.5L Hybrid iVCT Atkinson-Cycle I-4: 1,500-pound towing capacity
- Plug-In Hybrid 2.5L Hybrid iVCT Atkinson-Cycle I-4: 1,500-pound towing capacity
What Can You Tow with a 2022 Ford Escape?
The maximum Ford Escape towing capacity is 3,500 pounds—so, what can you tow, exactly? Here are just a few examples of what the 2022 Ford Escape is capable of pulling around Buckley:
- Teardrop trailer
- Two ATVs
- Jet Skis
- Utility trailer
- Fiberglass fishing boat
2022 Ford Escape Towing & Performance Features
The Ford Escape towing capacity is further enhanced by a plethora of cutting-edge safety and performance features that will help you take on every Sumner towing job with confidence. Here are just a few of our favorite features of the 2022 Ford Escape:
- All-Wheel Drive Disconnect: This system switches on all-wheel drive when it determines more traction is necessary. When your vehicle returns to optimal road conditions, it will switch off AWD to promote efficiency.
- Selectable Drive Modes: With four available drive modes, including Eco, Sport, Normal, Slippery, and Deep Snow/Sand modes, the Ford Escape allows you to take full command of your drives.
- Trailer Sway Control: This system is designed to stabilize heavy trailers attached to your Escape and prevent you from losing control.
Experience the Ford Escape in Sumner, WA
The Ford Escape towing capacity is just the beginning—just wait until you climb inside. If you can see yourself behind the wheel of a Ford Escape, check out our new vehicle inventory and contact us today to take your favorite model for a spin at Sunset Ford of Sumner! Next, see how the 2022 Ford Escape compares to popular rivals like the Toyota RAV4.
More from Sunset Ford of Sumner
With its NHTSA 5-Star Crash Safety Rating, attractive styling, and a suite of standard technology features, it’s easy to see why so many Bonney Lake and Puyallup drivers opt for the 2022 Ford Escape. But, what are the Ford Escape’s dimensions? Don’t let its compact appearance fool you—the Ford Escape offers plenty of room whether…
Fall—it’s the season known for giving you that feeling you can’t quite put your finger on. Your pumpkin spice latte is like a warm hug in the slightly-chilled air, the leaves are exploding in color, and football is finally back on TV. It’s also the season that never seems to stick around quite long enough….
It’s sleek. It’s stealthy. It’s the 2022 Ford Escape. With its perfect 5-star NHTSA Crash Safety Rating, a plethora of cargo space, and available AWD, it’s easy to see why so many Bonney Lake drivers choose this compact SUV as their next vehicle. And let’s not forget about the impressive Ford Escape towing capacity of3,500…