Ford Recall Updates – May 2022
Ford Motor Co. is currently in the process of recalling certain Ford pickup trucks, Explorer SUVs, and other large SUVs in the U.S. We understand that this news can be daunting, but we want to ensure our Bonney Lake drivers like you are up to date on all the latest Ford recall information. If one of the Ford recalls affects your vehicle,Sunset Ford of Sumner is here to help ensure the repair process is as stress-free and straightforward as possible. Below, we have laid out the details for the Ford recalls in May 2022.
Ford Recalls – Windshield Wiper Failure
Ford has issued a recall for over 650,000 pickup trucks and large SUVs due to reported cases of windshield wiper failure. Here is what you need to know:
- Windshield wipers are getting stripped due to the teeth on the wipers being the incorrect height. Faulty wipers can decrease your visibility on Puyallup roads, so it’s important to get this issue fixed by a certified Ford technician as soon as possible.
- This recall affects certain 2020-2021 F-150 and Ford Expedition models, Lincoln Navigator SUVs, and 2020-2022 F-250, 350, 450, and 550 trucks.
- Dealers will replace both front windshield wiper arms.
- Affected owners will begin receiving letters starting May 23, 2022. If you did not receive a letter, you can enter your VIN at nhtsa.gov/recalls to make sure it is not affected by the recall.
Ford Recalls – Explorer SUVs
Ford is also recalling over 250,000 Explorer SUVs due to an issue with a rear axle mounting bolt. Here are the details:
- Some Ford Explorer SUVs are rolling away while shifted to park (without the parking brake on). This is the result of a rear axle horizontal mounting bolt fracturing upon acceleration. Drivers have described the noise as a loud grinding or clunking sound.
- This Ford recall concerns 2020-2022 Explorers and Explorer Hybrids, 2020-2021 Explorer Police Interceptors, Explorer Police Interceptor Hybrids, and 2020-2022 Explorer Plug-in Hybrids.
- Dealers will either replace a bushing and the axle cover or update the electronic parking brake software, depending on the model.
- Affected owners will be notified via mail starting June 6, 2022.
We’re Here to Help
If your vehicle is part of the Ford recalls, don’t hesitate to schedule service with the Sunset Ford of Sumner service center. Our state-of-the-art service center and factory-trained experts will have you back on Puyallup roads in no time. If you have any questions or concerns about Ford recalls, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
More from Sunset Ford of Sumner
If you have your eye on a 2022 Ford F-150, you may be wondering what Ford F-150 truck bed sizes are available. Fortunately, you have multiple options, whether you prioritize passenger space or need more room for hauling bulky cargo in Sumner. Explore the bed sizes for the Ford F-150 with the team at Sunset Ford of Sumner…
The truck. The myth. The legend. The Ford F-150 has built a reputation for its legendary performance, iconic build, and rugged durability — and the 2022 model is no exception. One reason so many Bonney Lake drivers are drawn to this light-duty pickup is the plethora of Ford F-150 trim levels. Whether you have a daily…
If you love the efficiency and practicality of an electric SUV but still want to enjoy heart-pounding performance, you have found your match with the 2022 Ford Mustang Mach-E. From its expansive range to its remarkable 0-60 times, the Ford Mustang Mach-E is generating a lot of buzz in Bonney Lake and beyond for all the…