Ford Recall Updates – May 2022
Ford Motor Co. is currently in the process of recalling certain Ford pickup trucks, Explorer SUVs, and other large SUVs in the U.S. We understand that this news can be daunting, but we want to ensure our Bonney Lake drivers like you are up to date on all the latest Ford recall information. If one of the Ford recalls affects your vehicle,Sunset Ford of Sumner is here to help ensure the repair process is as stress-free and straightforward as possible. Below, we have laid out the details for the Ford recalls in May 2022.
Ford Recalls – Windshield Wiper Failure
Ford has issued a recall for over 650,000 pickup trucks and large SUVs due to reported cases of windshield wiper failure. Here is what you need to know:
- Windshield wipers are getting stripped due to the teeth on the wipers being the incorrect height. Faulty wipers can decrease your visibility on Puyallup roads, so it’s important to get this issue fixed by a certified Ford technician as soon as possible.
- This recall affects certain 2020-2021 F-150 and Ford Expedition models, Lincoln Navigator SUVs, and 2020-2022 F-250, 350, 450, and 550 trucks.
- Dealers will replace both front windshield wiper arms.
- Affected owners will begin receiving letters starting May 23, 2022. If you did not receive a letter, you can enter your VIN at nhtsa.gov/recalls to make sure it is not affected by the recall.
Ford Recalls – Explorer SUVs
Ford is also recalling over 250,000 Explorer SUVs due to an issue with a rear axle mounting bolt. Here are the details:
- Some Ford Explorer SUVs are rolling away while shifted to park (without the parking brake on). This is the result of a rear axle horizontal mounting bolt fracturing upon acceleration. Drivers have described the noise as a loud grinding or clunking sound.
- This Ford recall concerns 2020-2022 Explorers and Explorer Hybrids, 2020-2021 Explorer Police Interceptors, Explorer Police Interceptor Hybrids, and 2020-2022 Explorer Plug-in Hybrids.
- Dealers will either replace a bushing and the axle cover or update the electronic parking brake software, depending on the model.
- Affected owners will be notified via mail starting June 6, 2022.
We’re Here to Help
If your vehicle is part of the Ford recalls, don’t hesitate to schedule service with the Sunset Ford of Sumner service center. Our state-of-the-art service center and factory-trained experts will have you back on Puyallup roads in no time. If you have any questions or concerns about Ford recalls, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
More from Sunset Ford of Sumner
2023 Ford Explorer Interior
Are you considering upgrading to a Ford Explorer for your Bonney Lake family? Excellent choice! It’s hard to ignore this SUV as it passes you by on Puyallup roads, but it’s a lot more than a pretty face — the Ford Explorer inside is just as stunning. With seating for seven, a suite of standard…
What Is the Towing Capacity of a Ford F-150?
The Ford F-150 was first introduced in 1975 and has been a top pick for hard-working Bonney Lake drivers ever since. This mid-size pickup only seems to get more impressive with each passing year, withthe 2023 Ford F-150 towing capacity topping out at a whopping 14,000 pounds. The F-150 payload capacity is equally impressive, maxing…
2023 Ford Maverick Specs
Affordable, efficient, and packed with personality, the 2023 Ford Maverick redefines what a pickup truck should be. If you plan to upgrade your Bonney Lake drives with a new Ford Maverick, you’re in for a rare treat. Check out the Ford Maverick specs with Sunset Ford of Sumner below before heading to our Sumner dealership for a test…
0 comment(s) so far on Ford Recall Updates – May 2022